How about some moonlights, hm?

imurnamine

Okay, the other day when I went to my dad's house, he complained that he couldn't enjoy his fishtank at night because the lights had to be off. I started telling him to turn them on around 11 and turning them off around 7, but we still got not-so-pretty algae. It isn't too bad now, but I just had a brilliant idea.
Moonlights, duh. Any suggestions?
I've looked around on the big auction site, I've even seen submersible ones, but I'm not too sure about how safe that is.
I need suggestions of things that are user-friendly, my dad will have to take care of this tank while I am gone for about a year. Suggestions?

socal57che

I bought a kit from them and love 'em. BTW I linked to their site a few days ago and the mods nuked the link.

socal57che

He should also have an LED flashlight with a red lens to stare into the abyss at night and really get in the crevaces.

sign guy

coralife makes a good clip on moon light I have the 1 watt and love it just one lights up my whole tank

mpls man

Originally Posted by Johnbob
You should check out the ones on the big auction site by digikits. Go here for some pics of them in action: http://digikits.com/customers_pictures.htm
They are also very easy to use. All you do is plug in the AC adapter.

I have the same lights over my 75 gal ,i have the 24 light kit and they look fantastic!! :joy:

nigerian

I also have the digikits. I taped the top and sides of the clear fixture with black electrical tape so there is only light in the tank and not on the ceiling and back wall because I don't have a canopy. They look great and I get a lot of compliments. I also used double sided tape and attached them to the back of my PC fixture so you only see the wonderful blue water and not the moonlight fixture.
Sorry, bad pic, but you get the point.

scubaguy

Originally Posted by ImUrNamine
Okay, the other day when I went to my dad's house, he complained that he couldn't enjoy his fishtank at night because the lights had to be off. I started telling him to turn them on around 11 and turning them off around 7, but we still got not-so-pretty algae. It isn't too bad now, but I just had a brilliant idea.
Moonlights, duh. Any suggestions?
I've looked around on the big auction site, I've even seen submersible ones, but I'm not too sure about how safe that is.
I need suggestions of things that are user-friendly, my dad will have to take care of this tank while I am gone for about a year. Suggestions?
I know of this site that sells the lights and I bought my daughter the 14" for $15. I just put it on her back and angled down. They also have 32"($25) and 45"($35) you can hang them or submerse them. They plug into 110 outlets and are LED, they are directional. I think they have about a three to four foot cord. If you want the site email me at rs4griffy@msn.com. I will try to get back to you as soon as I can but we are running between my Father-in-laws house taking care of them. Father-in-law 3 weeks ago found out he has two months left with lung cancer and mother-in-law has end stages Parkinson(sp?) I will delete my email link in a couple of days to keep down on the spam.