How aggressive is your mated pair clownfish (with Anemone)

calgar

I'm wondering how aggressive are your mated pair clownfish (with host Anemone)
Mine are really aggresive toward newcomers (fish, inverts) or even me, whenever I have to do tank maintenance (fix a coral, rock or something) they attack me (no eggs detected btw) and I usually have to capture one of them, put it in a net and separate it from the tank (same water from the tank that I remove temporarily.
Can you share your experience on this?

fishy7

I have a mated pair of gold band maroons and they are fine. They host their GBTA and do a great job of taning care of him. I can put my hand in the tank no issues. I have seen the smaller the tank the more aggressive. :happyfish
The female gets real aggressive towards "all" inhabitants during feeding time for the anemone. She stands guard till the anemone is closed up.....

tima

I have gone throught the same thing recently. I have to take the smaller clown out of the tank when I work in it because he won't leave me alone. After looking closley next to my anemone, though, I have noticed what appears to be eggs. Is there anything I can do to try to raise the babies in the tank? (I dont have another tank to put them in) Also, how often do the clowns mate?- hopefully not that much as I dont want the clowns picking on the other fish all of the time.

calgar

Originally Posted by FISHY7
I have seen the smaller the tank the more aggressive. :happyfish
good point :)