Nitrites-- 0.0
Nitrates-- 0
Ph 8.0
Ca 700
Kh 12.2
Alk 4.34
specific gravity 1.022/1.023
Temp 78
I realize my Ca is high and it did come down from 2 weeks ago (was at 760). Are the rest of my tests results OK? I thought that the Kh & Alk are a tad high but did a search and from what I read they seem to be OK? (using salfert tests).
Highest ammonia reading I got was .25 and that was in the first week. So I tested the cycle with a cocktail shrimp 2 weeks ago. It did not make any changes to my test results and disolved into nothing.
Had a bad case of Diatom algae for few weeks but it is finally gone. Have caulpera growing, approx 10 small "bubbles" of bubble algae and hair algae on my rocks. (this afternoon the bubble algae will be carefully coming off by hand)
I have 4 red hermits and 1 astrea snail in my tank and the hermits only come out to see what is going on then go back into their shells. The snail has not come out at all. (almost like they do not like the water quality) 1 crab finally started to walk around a bit 2 days ago but he is not that active.
I believe my tank has cycled. But logic tells me that if my crabs and snail are not out moving around then something is wrong. I want to add more clean up crew but am afraid they will not be happy.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions and help!

ur duin pretty good, what kind of fish u got in ther?
i also think ur lights are shut off for too long, try 8 hours on, mine are on for 10 and off 12....but u really just wanna make sure ur fish and ur coral is getting enouph light.:)
ps.. any questions bout sharks or rays IM me. screen name=LAZY EAST911

elfdoctors

It sounds like you are doing a good job setting up your tank.
My only concern is that your pH is a little low. You may need to add a buffer but usually crushed coral will take care of it. Some of the organic acids from your cycle may not have broken down yet.
Are you setting up a quarantine tank now also? This may prevent lots of headaches later if you can avoid diseases.