how bad did i mess up?

hlcroghan

That is just weird clowns!! that is one of those exceptions you hear of I think because I can't believe the large one didn't kill the little one. Maybe it is due to size of the tank? Pretty cool story though. Pics?

small triggers

I introduced a smaller maroon to my HUGE larger one (transplant that someone took back to the LFS since she was EVIL) and the little one i added was from my 12g tank (he was seriuosly tiny) and now they have eggs every 2 or 3 weeks

anthropo

Originally Posted by pondboy
http:///forum/post/1872018
Well i got 150 gal, all cycled and i was buying some lr from this guy down the street . he was down sizing . He had a clown breeding program going on and was selling every thing . I saw this cool pair of maroon clown fish I had to have. Before i did any research
the problem is they are the first and only fish in there. I wanted a mellow tank with lots of cool little fish . From what i read on clown fish they were docile. But not the maroon clown, especially not a breeding pair ?
My question is: What kind of fish can I add that will be compatible? They seem to be keeping to one corner of the tank. They have a nice little cave.
i have a full grown pair of maroon clowns that i've had forever. they can get a little territorial but in a tank that size you shouldn't have any problems. i had mine in a 135 with a bunch of different kinds of fish. trust me you can pretty much add what you want and not worry. i have since got rid of the 135 and downsized to a 30 gallon. out of all the fish i kept the maroon clown pair.

hlcroghan

*sigh* I love gold stripe maroons. If I didn't have such a tiny tank I would've gotten a pair for sure!!

small triggers

I love mine, though she BITES me every time i put my hand in the tank,,even with gloves on, and i just had to buy another pair of gloves cuz she bit through them and drew blood,lol Here they are,, my baby makers/free food makers