How big do rock anemones get

tankslave

I think from photos I've seen I want one, but I've seen some threads where I got the impression they were not good. So, are they good, bad, big, little

tankslave

NO! And I don't recall the real name. It's on my desk at work maybe I should post it that way. I don't think I'm interested in buying any aptasia LOL. The one I saw was about the size of a dinner plate and had very frilly edges, then I thought someone said they were very small so I thought maybe rock was not the common name. Dogstar once posted a pic that looked what I want but I don't know the size of what he posted.

celacanthr

Well, aiptaisia's other common name is "Rock anemone"
But the one you are talking about is fine. No more harmful than other anemones of its size.
I believe when you hear rock anemone in a bad light the person is reffering to aiptaisia.

faddn5

I know what your talking about, its called a rock flower anemone. I have one and have posted a picture on here, You could probably search my name and find it. Mine is about as round as a baseball, I have it my reef tank and I dont think it is bad thing.

wangotango

i think another common name for them is flower anemone. they kinda look like a white shroom but with tentacles around the edge. one person i know has a whole bunch that are maybe 4-6" in diameter, but im sure they arent fast growing.

tankslave

Thanks guys
Faddn5 I found your pic and that's close but I don't remember the white tentacles, I'm gonna check on the swf and my lfs since you say they're safe.
Thanks again