How big is too big?

sterling007

My BTA is getting huge......I don't feed it a thing, but it's roommate "Fluffy" the Maroon Clown I think feeds it plenty. When fully expanded it's at least 13 to 15 inches across. Is there anything I can do to keep it from getting larger? I know this is a ridiculous question, but you never know....someone might have an idea. :thinking:

murph145

i dont think you can do much to keep them from growing im having the same problems right now with all four of my anemones in my reef tank.... i have 2 RBTA's that keep getting bigger about 6" across and a purple LTA thats about 12-13" across and a tan LTA thats about 10" across they have grown so big and fast.... i think the only thing you can really do is just trade him back in.... i wanna get rid of all my anemones except one of my rbta's to keep for my tomato clown he loves them,.... but mine are getting so big that they are bumping into other corals and stinging them....
i dont know how to keep them small .... maybe bad lighting and water lol but that will probably kill them instead.... he must like the conditions hes living in thats y hes sooo big...
good luck

thegrog

They will grow and nothing you can really do to stop them.
This is something many fail to consider when buying them. They grow and will harm their neighboring corals when they do.