how can i catch my pistol shrimp?

mr.clownfish

i have a tiger pistol shrimp in my 12gal and i want to put him in my 30gal. does anyone know how to catch him? i rarely see it cause its at the back of the tank. i really want a watchman goby for it. if possible please please please post a pic of a trap and how to make it. cause im not very good at making traps. oh and the pistol is kinda large. around 2ins big. sometimes it wakes me up in the middle of the night cause of how loud the clicking is -___-.

outsdr2

Hi your tanks sound very nice. That shrimp will be next to impossible to catch. you can try one of those clear plastic traps with bait or the latter option which would require remove all rock, sift through sand with hand or net. sometimes you can get lucky and suck one up with a gravel cleaner. I myself have been trying to catch a couple of cleaner shrimp out of my 90 reef for a while, so far no luck. I refuse to do a tear down so they are safe for now.

dragonboy

You just have to locate on where the sound is coming from and take that piece of live rock out. There is no way to trap them best thing to do is remove the live rock that is in.

mr.clownfish

the thing with my rocks are, they are tiny. its under the rocks in the back. i really dont want to remove the rocks because i finally got it the way i like. i want to try the bottle thing. but i dont get how it works.

bigjakec

You may just have to bite the bullet and remove the rocks. But I can tell you I feel the same way about moving my rocks as well, granted i have 80 lbs of rock. But every time i have i've been able to place them better then before. It may be a blessing, you just don't know it yet!