How can I make my tank cleaner?

sillynecco

I have 2 triggers in my tank that love to eat my clean up crew... for that reason, I dont have much in there right now cleaning the tank, and i havebrown algae all over along with a film all over all of my rocks.
what would u suggest (short of getting rid of the triggers)
thanks for all the help!!!

stanlalee

1) Magfloat to easily clean algae off the glass. Perhaps a scrapper for the stubborn stuff.
2) UV Sterilizer
3) Depending on the size of tank and triggers consider Foxface or Tang. Just make sure its bigger and/or you take the appropriate measures to disrupt territorial boundaries.
4) More water flow
5) Grow coralline. Rarely does a coralline covered rock maintained with proper calcium levels and appropriate lighting become overtaken with micro algae. It usually cant take hold if coralline is already taken hold.
6) Sump with macro algae to out compete display tank micro algae
7) No way around more work and elbow grease without cleaners.

sillynecco

Thanks for the advice guys.... I have very strong lighting, and that is probalby contrubiting to the algae boom.....
anyone know where i can get chateo? my LFS dosent sell it.

oceanists

Im wondering why you have strong lighting with Triggers? ..... I dont think you would beable to keep corals with them.

stanlalee

Originally Posted by sillynecco
Thanks for the advice guys.... I have very strong lighting, and that is probalby contrubiting to the algae boom.....
anyone know where i can get chateo? my LFS dosent sell it.
you can get cheato at that famous auction site for about $10-15 2day shipped for a sandwhich bag size (that will quickly grow into much more). Lots of cheato sellers.