How did everyone get their nick names?

hnf2k

hnf = my initials
2k = the year i made the screen name
anybody else wanna say what their name means?

viper12775

i use to collect reptiles and my favorite was the eye lash viper and the 12775 the 1277 is part of my address but there was already 12774 vipers before me so i had to take viper12775

cadbury

I had mine since the 5th grade, my last name is Catalano, so a few people started calling me Cadburyalano after the cadbury egg. So it kinda stuck for awhile.........

nacl-h2o

Na is the symbol for sodium, Cl is the symbol for chloride. Sodium cloride (NaCl) is salt, H2O is the chemical symbol for water so you have salt water as my name.
On almost all of the BB's I've used that name, but on two BB's it was used and I went for "Dan The Man" a phrase a good freind of mine uses refering to me sometimes. When I went on the first BB were it was used, I got "log on name block" and my son who was on my lap remembering what my freind calls me, suggested it. You have to use your kids ideas, you just can't say no to them.
The funny thing is, whoever used my name on those two BB's never posts on them, he just used up my name so I have to have two names to keep up with.

robchuck

My first name is Robert, my middle name is Charles; so I abbreviated, and came up w/ Rob Chuck. I normally just go by Rob though.

slothy

Originally posted by Sal T. Nutz
...No Comment

damn your name was the one i wanted to hear about :)

ophiura

A genus of brittlestars, the animals that I study. I also go by ophiuroid, and was known as OPHIE in university.

m.rogers

M is the first letter i my first name and rogers is my last name and know cracks on Mr. Rogers i have herd it for 31 years

krishj39

Man, you guys have much more interesting stories than me. My name is kris, h and j are my other initials and 39 was my officer number when i was a college campus cop. Krishj39 is also my AIM SN.

mmslue79

MM--My intitials.
SLUE--My dad's assistant called me sluefoot about 10 years ago, for my ability of speed and agility (sarcastic). It stuck now I just go by slue.
79--Year I was born.
:rolleyes:

ntvflgirl

Abbreviation for Native Florida Girl. I grew up in Panama City...I think I'm the only one left here who is a native...any others?

fishfanny79

Well, somehow the name I wanted was 'taken'. I go by Joker3090 on other boards. Joker being my nickname given to me by my Drill Instructors in Marine Corps Recruit Training for 2 reasons. 1 because I am a smartass ALL the time and 2 because I actually look like the Joker character in Full Metal Jacket. 3090 was my platoon number in boot camp. I then sat here drawing blanks since 'my name' was taken so I just chose the unoriginal FishFan (for obvious reasons) I live in NY and was born in 79. Nothing exciting.

bethany

i'm an ntvfl girll too :D Born in Ft. Lauderdale, raised in Miami, still live in Miami (aventura/hallandale area on the edge of miami/broward county :D
My username is just my name Bethany!

ryebread

My name is Ryan. Me and my future wife were into bowling for quite a while and when we entered our names into the computer we were know as RyeBread and Vivian Stardust. Little did we know that when we threw a strike or picked up a spare the sound system screamed out STRIKE by RyeBread!! The name stuck when friends witnessed this crap.

Texasgiraffe- Live in Texas...had a little run in with a giraffe at Fossil Rim Wildlife park- He stuck his head right in the car window!!! Enough said...I've used it for years!