how do clowns sleep

dodgerblue

i dont really know if its normal but my gsm swims fine all day and when the lights go out he hovers on the corner of the tank almost verticle. my other fish hand out in caves when the lights go out. is this how they sleep?

M

marineang

You never really know what you are going to get, all that I've had are different.
I had Perc's that slept in upper corners, vertical
I had Clarkii's that slept on the sand bed
My black and white's hover at the surface in the middle
I've had Perc's and a Tomato that slept in crevices in the rocks
My current Maroon's sleep at the top too....
They are odd, you just never know...

jackri

My clown sleeps in the verticle position up against the glass as well. He's still up against something, I guess I'd worry if he was verticle in the middle of the tank randomly :)

silverdak

one of mine sleeps vertical nest to my thermostat, and the over digs out the same and lays her belly right in the sand lol

howardj

One of my Clarkii's slept in her Xenia, the other slept in the back under his rock shelf.
My GSM sleeps by the heater.
I moved my Clarkii, and now he sleeps where his GBTA USED to be, before it died.
and my Ocellaris sleep along side the glass toward the bottom.

nothing to worry about,
very cool in my opinion

fishslime

Mine dont really stop moving either there pair up and kinda swim up and down right next to each other allnight

dustyboy316

Ok, mine do the same basically. They don't really pair up yet though. One goes to the top of the heater and one goes to the bottom and they float up and down all night.

premilove

did you just get your clowns? if so they haven't really found a spot to host yet so they will just "swim" in place until they find something. try giving them a bta or a frogspawn or torch coral or anything they can host. after that they will end up sleeping like my crazy casso.

dustyboy316

Originally Posted by premilove
http:///forum/post/2900141
did you just get your clowns? if so they haven't really found a spot to host yet so they will just "swim" in place until they find something. try giving them a bta or a frogspawn or torch coral or anything they can host. after that they will end up sleeping like my crazy casso.
Don't have good enough lighting yet. I just have a 6500 k fluorescent bulb.
When I get a few paychecks from my new job I may get a T5 or MH. Probably just a T5 an a frogspawn for me, because it will be cheaper.
Is it bad that they don't sleep anywhere, or is it alright for awhile (a long while prob, I bet it will be real hard to find a frog spawn near me).