How do do a temporary move of tank?

splatshot

Just got back from Vaca and my basement is flooded. I need to replace the flooring under my tank.
Suggestions on what to do?
Can I remove some of the H2O into the big plastic bins I used to cure my rock originally. Put the rock in one, fish in another Leave the sand in the tank. let them do the floor then put it all back in.
Will this cause a new cycle
I have a few corals as well.
Any help is appreciated as I don't want to lose it all.
Thanks,

florida joe

What is the time frame on the installation of the new floor I would brake down the tank as you say move it the last place they will work on the floor set it up there when they get to that spot brake it down again and reset it where you want on the new floor. Sounds like a lot of work and it is but if at all possible I would go this way

fishkid13

how big is you tank.If you have some big fish or a lot of them I would go get a cheap 55gal and put your rock,fish and corals in it to.Sorry to hear about that.

clownfish11

I JUST DID THAT LIKE JUST 2hours AGO! you get a company that installs the carpet in 1 day just move your tank into a different room(get some of your friends to help, and get some rollers to put under it), and then move it back and your good to go...thats how I did it and my tank is back to norm!how many gallons?

splatshot

My tank is 65 gallons. I don't think it will need to be down long, but it is acrylic, so I don't know about moving it with much water in it.

splatshot

Forgot to mention, I have 2 clowns, a 6 line, a Royal grama, couple of Peppermints, hermits, snails. I have 6 different corals as well.