How do I feed Cyclop-eeze?

clown52

I finally got some of this stuff! It's the freeze dried kind. I have a brain and frogspawn I want to feed it to.
How do you feed the freeze dried cyclop eeze? Should I add water then use a turkey baster to kind of spot feed?
Thanks

oceana

How do I feed Cyclop-eeze?
You don't have to feed it, it' already dead.

I like to use a little water from the tank to dissolve it in first (or it will float and go right down the overflow) then you can spot feed with a turkey baster or just pour it right in, it's so small it will be everywhere.
BE CAREFUL- A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY

nm reef

Just add a very small pinch to the water column and allow it to circulate....or direct feed it....which ever works best for you. You might consider shutting down your skimmer for a few hours after feeding with it...the stuff tends to make my skimmer go absolutely nuts.

clown52

Thanks guys!
Does it matter when I feed? Or do I just need to make it about the same time every day, two days, three?

hkgar

Originally Posted by Crox
I feed my frozen one every 2-3 days.
HOw do you feed your frozen one do you unthaw it first?

rsd

My Feeding cycle in my 180.
cyclopeze almost every day.
Frozen Shrimp with cyclopese
Black Powder and Spectra Vital 1 every two weeks
Marine Snow once a week when not feeding BP or SV
Liquid food, marine Snow, concentrated bio stuff (can't remember the name... smells like bad squid) once every week.
I have sponges and feather dusters coming out of every nook and cranny. My corals are growing crazy, no noticable algea problems, no nitrate, or any other porblems...
Just watch how cold, frozen, or off the PH, Salinity, or anything can be. Never spot feed food that is "too concentrated". I have made that mistake before and it caused alot of problems.
Good luck.