How do I get my mushrooms to stay?

seaweed

I've been trying to get my mushroom corals to stay on a rock after I clipped them off the original rock they were on. I read that some people glue them onto the new rocks. Does anyone know what kind of adhesive or glue is used to keep them on the rock? Thanks!

Glue it and it will die. It is a soft tissue creature, most likely it would syat glued for a day or so and the glued area would sluff off and it would be loose again.

pmui

use a rubber band to attach it to the rock, and place it in a low flow area. HTH
Peter

D

diatom

Another option is to cover it with bridal veil material for a few days.

predator

The rubberband might kill it and maybe the glue to.Glue,epoxy and rubberbands do work well with some corals but mushrooms MAY not be able to take it.If you use glue then I suggest good ole' super glue.The bridal vail sounds promising,though I'v never tried it.

kris walker

If you have no low flow areas in your tank, you can get a specimen container from your lfs for a few bucks. Then put the shroom in it with some lr rubble on the bottom. It will attach in a few days to one of the piece of rubble. But obviously this won't work if you are trying to attach it to a large piece of lr.
sam

mlm

I have had sucess by sticking them in a crack in a rock in a low flow area. After a while the will attached themselves and extend their stalk to come out of the crack.

frenchman

I agree with mlm. I did the same thing and was successful. I put it in the crack of a rock and covered it a bit with gravel. Actually a mushroom recently detached itself and I kind of gave up because it's really a hassle at the end... It actually placed itself in an area of low current but where it still gets light. :)

frenchman

I agree with mlm. I did the same thing and was successful. I put it in the crack of a rock and covered it a bit with gravel. Actually a mushroom recently detached itself and I kind of gave up because it's really a hassle at the end... It actually placed itself in an area of low current but where it still gets light. :)

vkesu

I had a large one that would release at nitetime, lost one to behind 125# rock. This other (through lots of advice) I took needle and thread and sewed to large rock loosley , put thread from one edge to under the rock through other edge(hardest thing I ever did, I still can't frag stuff without cringing) It has done extremely well for over two months. It is opened up LARGE. Be sure to leave it loose so it can adjust w/size.