How do I get rid of these HELP!

spudnick

:help: I've got these polyp looking things that appear to sting a little. There taking over the tank. Can anyone tell me what to do? There brown looking with long tenacles. There multiplying. Any help would be most appreciate. Oh ya, how do I resize my pictures to post.

russianspy

Aspesia (sp)
You can google that...
Are they a brownish color? If so then the best way is to prune, rarley does that work so I just had to keep pruning and curing the LR if they're isn't any coral on it.
Otherwise you might be able to find a Aspesia eating nudibranch.

toughguy80

I think a product called "joes juice" will clear up the problem. Also some use VERY hot water, but you have to be careful not to burn yourself or hurt nearby organisms. Just use a dropper and inject it at the aspesia. There are other ways as well but I can't think of them all. Here's a link to a few ideas...
Clicky

azocean709

spelling...Aiptasia....a "True" peppermint shrimp will eat them all. joes juice or injecting them with boiling water will work..but quite troublesome as they retract really fast....the bigger ones arnt so hard..but the little babies are a pain...IMO go with a peppermint.

spudnick

Thanks for your reply I've tried the boiling water but it just seems to go dormant for a while.Thanks again Though guy

escape2thewater

peppermint shrimp fixed the problem I had in my tank but it was a very small area in my tank. If you have a widespread breakout they may not be very effective. Peppermints can eliminate a few anemonies and control any new growths but beyond that you will need something else. As mentioned above many have had success with kalk injection. Good luck.
Escape