how do i get rid of this? (pic include)

bojik

If you have soft corals keep an eye on the emerald crabs. I had bad luck with the one I bought he took a liking to my star polyp needless to say he was promptly removed and returned.

04mach

Originally Posted by SilentJ
I have heard that emeralds pop the bubble algea...and even though they eat it...they never destroy it completly......ive heard that they dont really help much
I have three in my tank, and I havent seen a bubble in a while.

swlover

What worked for me was syphoning off with a small airline hose into a bucket..that way if it pops it goes into the hose...my emrald didn't eat it. It took about a couple of weeks to get it all..everytime I saw a couple of bubbles I syphoned them out, changed my filters and cut back on feeding, did reg water changes. Oh and got better lights. I think it was a combo of all those things that helped me...or you can get a seahare..I have heard they will wipe your tank out of all kinds of algea..they are hard to find though and once the algea is gone they slowly starve to death..if you have multipal tanks..I would say you could move him to other tanks.

nygel

I had a scarlet hermit that ate all mine, he also ate 3 of my snails though, so nevermind

hardcrab67

Originally Posted by nYgel
I had a scarlet hermit that ate all mine, he also ate 3 of my snails though, so nevermind