how do i get rid of this?

tboy

is there a way for me to remove it to a different spot or the worse case can i kill it?

hot883

Why would you want to kill zoanthids? Just pick up the rock it's on and move it. I would be more concerned with the bubble algea growing next to it.

sharkbait9

wait the zoos or the bubble algae on the rock next to the zoos? i would be more worried about the BA then the zoos right now :thinking: :notsure:

my way

Why can't you move the rock? If you have to kill it, you could send it to me, I will dispose of it, right into my tank.

laddy

Being really careful.....can't you just pick bubble algae off the surface and discard (never had the problem)?

gasman4433

As far as the bubble algae goes.When I had it I took a needle and injected boiling hot water in each one of them.It kills the spoors and they dont spread.And then just peel them off.But only after you inject them.It worked for me.Havent had any since.

n2theblue

I got an emerald crab that absolutely devoured my bubble algae. He's fun to watch and doesn't seem to bother anyone else.

my way

Are you trying to get rid of the Bubble Algea or the Zoa's? ?You have the Zoa's marked.

hardcrab67

Originally Posted by My Way
Why can't you move the rock? If you have to kill it, you could send it to me, I will dispose of it, right into my tank.
Thats what I was thinking, took me a second look to make sure. That is alot of BA though, IMO the emerald crab would do the work for you.

tboy

there is two different kind of zoos there.
i'm worried about the green zoos gonna take of over the space of red
also the greed disattract my red
i have couple emerald crab is working on the bubble algae
but any one else have a better idea?

hot883

Just frag them. Take the rock out. A new cleaned chisel and cut/scrape underneath of them to get the mat and then replant them to something else.

hot883

Originally Posted by Tboy
what if i can't move the rocks out
Then I guess your reds will get overtaken.

teen

just stick your hand in there, peel the whole mat of zoas off the rock, then crazy glue the greens one place, and the reds in another. problem solved.

ninjamini

Or take a large air tube and create suction and suck those bubbles right out. Also find a way to remove the nutrients that the bubble algae likes. You need some good algae instead aka macro algae.

tboy

Originally Posted by ninjamini
Or take a large air tube and create suction and suck those bubbles right out. Also find a way to remove the nutrients that the bubble algae likes. You need some good algae instead aka macro algae.
what nutrients does bubble algae like?
i try to suck them out before when i change water for my tank and it make them spreads out more.

stuckinfla

Originally Posted by teen
just stick your hand in there, peel the whole mat of zoas off the rock, then crazy glue the greens one place, and the reds in another. problem solved.
Maybe I am wrong, but should you NOT use your hands with Zoa's? They contain some sort of toxin.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Personally, I never worried about bubble algae, had plenty of it in my tank. Its just another life-form typical of reef systems. As long as your water is good, you should have a problem.

tboy

Originally Posted by teen
just use your hand and pull it out?