how do i start siphon?????

michaeltx

i just pictured someone standing by the tank jabbing a hose in and out of the tank really quickly LOL Thats the way My mother does her tank and its hillarious.
Mike

phixer

You can reduce the output of your pump without creating excessive back pressure by installing a return line with a ball valve in it. Basically it works like a fork in the road, picture the letter Y. One side goes to the tank the other is a return line back to the sump. The flow rate of the return line is controlled by valve position. This way you can still maintain the flow rate and your pump runs without excessive back pressure.
This is how fuel injection works in an automobile.

azfishgal

Originally Posted by MichaelTX
i just pictured someone standing by the tank jabbing a hose in and out of the tank really quickly LOL Thats the way My mother does her tank and its hillarious.
Mike
:hilarious That does give me a funny picture in my mind. The end I stick in the tank is actually a 2" wide plastic (hard) tube and it comes to a narrow slit at the end. Maybe that makes a difference and why it's so easy for me. Not sure, but it would seem to be more difficult if you were just using a floppy hose.
Picture of your mom again popped into my head.