How do I take care of an my first anemone?

alienup

Ok geting my first anemone. Im putting it in my new 12 nano tank. This is my first tank im having a canister filter with bio balls in it and a protien skimmer. what to i need to keep my anemone helthy and what do i need to get such as calcium supplement and other stuff and how can I read the levels and other stuff that i need to know to take care of my first anemone.

alienup

Its not running yet im geting a JBJ 12 Gallon Nano Cube Deluxe im geting it and im going to let it run for about 2 mounths with live rock and sand. Then im adding the rest i just want to know what to get befor hand. This is my first indever into annemones and coaral tank. so i dont know about adding stuff like calcium and iron or how to measure these levels.

d0 thy d3w

i would say to ditch the thought of getting an anenomie for now...they need good lighting (MH) and really good water conditions..also ive been told that they shouldnt be kept i a tank under 6 months old..some peopel will even reccomend a year or more...if u want sumthing even somewhat related to anenomies and corals..u should start out with sum softies n' mushrooms...also...isnt 12 gallons too small for an anenomie? or am i wrong? and one last thing? what type of anenomie are u planning on getting?

cwgibson

Originally Posted by d0 thy d3w
i would say to ditch the thought of getting an anenomie for now...they need good lighting (MH) and really good water conditions..also ive been told that they shouldnt be kept i a tank under 6 months old..some peopel will even reccomend a year or more...if u want sumthing even somewhat related to anenomies and corals..u should start out with sum softies n' mushrooms...also...isnt 12 gallons too small for an anenomie? or am i wrong? and one last thing? what type of anenomie are u planning on getting?
mine did fine under pc lights, ive got 4 in my tank now and all but one shy away from my mh lights. keep your water good,check your trace elements, iodine,and feed them every other week or so.

d0 thy d3w

Originally Posted by cwgibson
mine did fine under pc lights, ive got 4 in my tank now and all but one shy away from my mh lights. keep your water good,check your trace elements, iodine,and feed them every other week or so.

ive heard that they can be kept under PCs...if theyre high up in the tank...and some people succed and sum dont..so ive decided to stray away from them until i can give them the proper lights and care they need

ophiura

I personally would not recommend one for a 12g tank.
Small tanks are quite hard to keep constant in terms of their parameters. And the last thing you want in that tank is a dead anemone.