How Do U Get Rid Of Red Slime!!

goldrush

If you are referring to Cyano bacteria,you need to start by checking four things. 1) Do your lights need replacing ? 2) Are your Phosphates high ? 3) Are you overfeeding ? 4) Do you have good circulation ? (no dead spots). There are chemicals,but I don't recommend them. Because it is a bacteria,you need to treat it with a antibiotic. Antibiotics kill "good" bacteria too. If you address the 4 things I mentioned,you will defeat it.

E

eight2178

i had the same problem about one month ago...i researched it and found several common 'answers'...phosphates should be checked, lights should be checked, and one person also said that, and im not too sure about this one, to cut back on calcium dosing...i tried everything, and my cyano is gone....i also didnt actaully change my bulbs, but i cut back my lights to be on for about 7.5 hours a day....i also did a partial water change, using freshly mixed water, not the premixed water from the lfs...that water (water strait from the ocean) contains phosphates....also tried changing some of the water flow from the powerheads....now it's all gone....good luck!

lutz493

In addition to the above mentioned -
You can use Phosphate Sponge made by Kent. You can also get an Emerald Green Crab and toss him in the tank he will make short work of any excess Algae you may have.

justinx

1. Emerald crabs will NOT eat cyano.
2. Increase circulation
3. Decrease feeding
4. Increase water change frequency
5. Adjust lighting as neccessary