How do you design a tank to house and octopus?

deadeye

Well, at my LFS they have one and I asked what would be a good tank. She said a eclipse becuase of the tops on them. But I'd still set some bricks on top, tape it down, little gaffer tape, duct tape, 50lb weight

werejo

insert you tank on a jail, or install an electric fence

I´m jooking
get some plastic fence at home depot on lighting section
then make a little holes with a drill inside at the top end of the tank,
whit cord tie the plastic fence to the top of the tank,
a friend of mine have a octopus, and he make 2 small pieces to feed and clean the tank
it´s really hard to clean

sleasia

do a search in photography and equipment for Goodwin...he's already done it, well in fact I beleive he has done everything already....

werejo

Originally Posted by Rykna
wow, thanks. That does sound hard to clean.
it is hard to clean, but it´s the easy and cheapy way to do, and works, I saw when the octopus come up and touch the fence for a couple days, then he stop to doing that, some time try it to scape again when my friend open to clean, if you want to spend some money on a new tank, here´s a link where I saw custom made acrilic aquariums, meabe they sold some especial to octopus, or made it to you, I hope it helps
http://www.acrylicaquariums.com

thangbom

use lots of duck tape. any opening in the tak and it will get out... but that kinda kill the air needs,, soo make a screen and duck tape that to the top .. lik euse a window screen and tape that down..