How do you do a nano water change?

handbanana

I know, dumb question.
But is there a technique? I drain some water, the pump area runs out of water and goes dry. So I add water to the pump area...right? It then backs up into the bio balls disturbing some junk in there and makes the water all cloudy. And its difficult to keep track of how much Ive taken out/put in.
I guess I'm wondering how everybody else does it.

speg

Well what size tank? I have a 12 gallon jbj nano cube and the thing I do is use airline tubes to slowly drain the water out.
I use: two 1 gallon empty water jugs.
I use the airline tubes to get one full gallon of water from my premixed saltwater bucket while also using airline tubes to drain 1 gallon from the nano cube.
I turn off the powerheads about the mid-point because the system will start blowing bubbles. Once I'm ready to put in the new water, I turn the heads back on and pour the water into the back chambers. I don't have any bioballs back there (I hate bioballs) so I don't experience the problem with debris getting stuck in them :)

handbanana

Thanks Speg, Pretty silly question but I'm new to the nanos. I have a 12 gallon Oceanianic Bio. So far I'm lovin it. I just got My new LR so Im going to post my new tank.

I just did a water change. I drained water untill the back chamber ran dry, then unpluged the PH's and drained a little more. Then just refilled it untill it was ful again.

Also I got a Chemi-pure satchel so right now I'm removing the bio-balls 10% at a time. Then I'll add the sack of stuff. someware. IDK about that yet.