How do you find. . . . . .

chris17

Hi, I was wondering how you find how many gallons a tank is by just the LxWxH?? How do you figure this out?? I was wanting to find out how many gallons a tank of this size woud be. . . . .48"x60"x17" . .. . . . . :notsure:

T

tizzo

OK now I am confused... (so what's new). anyway...
LxWxH is that right??
In his case,
48x60x17??
What did I mess up, cause I got 48,960. What's the next step??

chris17

I got the same . . .212. Cool, I live right in Fairfield an I work in West Chester. . . . . Cornerstone.. .. ring a bell? It is right off Union Centre an Becket . . . . .
P.S. Thanks guys for the help!!

chris17

What does she do there? I have prob. seen her around, I only know the peoples names that I am always around which is about 30 or so. . . . . .

chris17

I dont think she works where I do then, unless they have an ice cream shop up in the outlet store area. . .. . ..
Ok, I figured out that for a tank of 48"x60"x21" it is approx. 3 75g tanks. So to light such a beast I am thinking I could prob. put 12 ,48" VHO bulbs/ 3 retro kits going the 48" span. Or should I just run 8 bulbs crossing the 60" span. . . . ? Which do you think would be better an save money? I figured out if I were to get 3 48" 4 bulb VHO Retro Fit kits w/t no bulbs it would cost around $477 at $159 per retro kit . .. . . if I went with the 60" 4 bulb VHO Retro Fit kits w/t no bulbs it would cost around $638 at $319 per retro kit. So . . . .which would you do? Also how many 400watt Metal Halides would be good on a tank of this size?? This tank will be going into a wall, the side of the tank that you will actually look into will be the 48" / 4' side, which I want to do this way to give it really good depth. Kinda like Stevewests 850, which by the way is an amazing setup!!! SO I need your opinions on what I have described. . . . .
P.S. I want to be able to keep clams, SPS, . . . an so on. . . :joy: