How do you get away with it?

jester

I've heard and seen the blue faced angel. Looks likes like a cross between a juvi and adult queen angel. ( saw it today as a matter of fact)

wrassecal

Originally posted by JerseySaltwater
my wife thought it was so very nice in the beginning. now she walks past the trash and says "oh, another F!$#ing Fed Ex box in the garbage - how much did you spend this time? And quit sitting there in front of an empty tank for hours every night looking at your "live" rock".
Yeah, this is one sweet hobby :)

Get her one of those nice magnifying glasses with the handle. Turn out the room lights, get in a couple chairs up close to the tank and let her start looking around. She'll see what you mean by live rock. And the ambience of tank lights only and ya'll sharing might even lead to a little romance;)

S

sinner's girl

How do I get away with it. Well last year I stuck a rock on her finger worth over a grand.
that explains the size of my diamond....except with my husband, he spends more money on the car...I tried demanding an equal amount for fish but then we wouldn't have money to eat, pay bill, ect...
I wish he get back into the fish tank...though last night he did say something about getting more lr...

wrassecal

Originally posted by Sinner's Girl
....except with my husband, he spends more money on the car...

Ya'll got married??? I missed that. congratulations:D

FlameHawkFish, my suggestion would be to get her involved in the hobby too, buy her a fish, so that she will have some envolvement in the hobby. This worked for me. My boyfriend, is very much involved in the hobby, so in order to feel more connected I started doing my homework and asking alot of questions, now I'm just as hooked as the next fish enthusists...:)

S

sinner's girl

Wrassecal - Thanks. Yep, March 2 of this year
my suggestion would be to get her involved in the hobby too, buy her a fish, so that she will have some envolvement in the hobby.
That's what my husband did (at the time we were just dating, but he let me pick out fish, name them...I even got a yellow tang as a gift...) and now, i'm more hooked than he is.
take g/f to the lfs, let her see the tanks and the fish....if you include her in the hobby changes are she'll except it better

rane

Originally posted by JerseySaltwater
my wife thought it was so very nice in the beginning. now she walks past the trash and says "oh, another F!$#ing Fed Ex box in the garbage - how much did you spend this time? And quit sitting there in front of an empty tank for hours every night looking at your "live" rock".
Yeah, this is one sweet hobby :)

JerseySaltwater
Are you sure we dont have the same girlfriend/wife? LOL
I thought it was just mine that told me that.

flamehawk

Good advice from EA but sometimes the other person still doesn't get it especially when some weekends you spend more time w/ the tanks than with the family. This happens for me about once every 4-5 weeks when a good cleaning overhaul is necessary but my family has grown to appreciate it because it actually puts me in a pretty good mood and they see the enjoyment I get out of it.