How do you get rid of this STUFF !!!!

mikeymutt

I have a 92 gallon with T 5 lighting.All my fish are great and healthy.My bubble coarl and leather,anemones ane also doing great..My problem is this alge( Green hair).I have tried sea hares that always die.My last trip to the store 100 blue hermits/35 scarlets..I also cut the lighting back 6 hrs on the white/8 hrs on the blue.My water changes are once a week 7 gallons.My tank mates have been in my tank over 2 years with no fish lost.. My g.p.h Is 1700 PLEASE HELP..

santiago

make sure the tank isnt in sunlight. mine was and hair algae grew like crazy. had to block up a window.

Pull it off of the rocks and keep high water quality. Be especially careful with phosphate, I is like fuel for bad algea. And watch for nitrates as well. If it's in the sun, block the window. Don't focus to much on animals to eat it, get that aglae from the source.

mcbdz

Lots of good advice. Manually pull it out and fix the source. Do you have a fuge. If so macro algeas should also help. If not check into getting some. Do you have a protein skimmer? Also I had mine down to one rock no matter what I did so I just kept it trimmed and acted like it was grass for nutrient export.
That was until I got my foxface. Nox she won't let anything green grow.

mikeymutt

Originally Posted by turtlegirl933
Pull it off of the rocks and keep high water quality. Be especially careful with phosphate, I is like fuel for bad algea. And watch for nitrates as well. If it's in the sun, block the window. Don't focus to much on animals to eat it, get that aglae from the source.
Would it be alright to pull some of the live rock to pull it it off

bonesnapper

I will never buy Turbos again. They kept falling on their backs and they could not flip themselves back over. Then they died, because I had to go to my dad's house. Made all of my water parameters really bad, especially the Nitrate.

nigerbang

Didn't notice..maybe the martinis.. Are you using tap water? Sea hare seem to die often in my exp. Pull the rock and scrub it down with a stiff brush then rinse it with fresh SW.. See if that help.. Oh and do it towards the end of the day..right before the lights cut off.. So it will have absorbed all the nutrient it will.. That way when you scrub it you are getting rid of excess phos and nitrate.. With lots of HA test won't show phos and nitrate b/c the ha is sucking it all in and feeding it