How do you get this free shipping at SWF.com?

blj1234

Someone said something about free shipping at saltwaterfish.com, how so?
How do you get plankton in your tank to feed your fish?
What whould be your guess of how much I would be spending on a 55g sw tank (not including the tank, stand, and light?
Can I use any of my bran new freshwater supplies on my sw tank-like the heater?

ebeckels

free shipping only applies to the stuff that says..."free shipping" for example the clean up packages and the u-build it are free i believe. The way I get phytoplankton in my tank is by putting it in their. I buy it at my lfs and follow the directions. The $ ? all depends on what you want in the tank...LR, LS corals? fish???It all depends...yes u can use the same heater on a freshwater tank on a saltwater tank.

biggdriver

You want an example I just bought the equip for a 65 gallon reef..MH and Pc's, wavemaker, pumps etc..All the dry goods for bout 1200.00..Yeah that's not a typo..RO/DI unit SKimmer etc.. it all adds up...It doesnt' pay to buy junk ..buy good stuff the first time and do it right..It will really save in the long run..Add in the 100lbs live rock another 400bucks...corals ..you do the math..

S

sinner's girl

not including the tank, stand, and light - I say it depends on what you want to do with your tank. We don't have a skimmer, or much lr. You will need a filter of some kind (ask your lfs-they might have some used to get you started).
Look around for prices to get the best deal, swt do cost money, but if you go slow it won't hurt as bad. (we set the tank up a year ago, since we don't have corals we didn't need an expensive light, but now that my b/f wants to go to reef tank we'll need a new light.
so think in the long term but remember you don't need everything to start off.
Good luck.