How do you remove film from tank????

underwoods

I ahve a 70 Gallon Show Tank I bought and set up with a nice rock wall (80 Pounds of rock) , when I got the new lighting set up it shows a nasty looking film on the glass , I took a scraper /razor blade and tried to remove it , didnt work !!! removed most but, there is still alot in the best viewing area... Any suggestions?? anything on the market to remove this from the tank ??
Thanks for all your help
Jesse

scubadoo

Buy a Mag Float. A magnet...one on the outside the other on the inside.. If the one on the inside falls it floats to the top. Easy to clean the glass without sticking your arm in the tank.

T

tizzo

What color is the film?? If it's white it could be a calcium build up in which case that is virtually impossible to remove. Virtually... You can "buff" it off, but I would call a glass shop and ask how... Unless the tank is acrylic, then maybe you can get a buffing kit for it. :notsure:

underwoods

I have tried to removed it with a scrubbing pad , didnt really work , removed some. It is a white "powdery"looking substance , and a razor blade would not get to it .
What does the buffing consist of .I have it set up and cycling right now...
Jesse

underwoods

I have it up and running (cycling ) , does anyone know of a way to remove it that will not harm my fish and rock???
Thanks for your help...
Jesse