How do you ........

how do you get rid of red slime off your rocks and brown algae????how can you get your live rock looking the healthiest looking you can get it to be ? is a protein skimmer gude for live rock ?

fshhub

a protein skimmer is good for any system, especially beginners, tehy are great tools to have, and will make your job much easier
and as for the algae, if you are done cycling your tank, hermits and snails will help the algae problem, but first check your water, if you have any phosphates, ammonia or nitrites or nitrates at all, you should work on this first, then get the cleaners to help in clean up

beecher

Get a product called Red Slime Remover......I used two doses of it and have never had a hint of red slime algae since.

Originally posted by fshhub:
<strong>a protein skimmer is good for any system, especially beginners, tehy are great tools to have, and will make your job much easier
and as for the algae, if you are done cycling your tank, hermits and snails will help the algae problem, but first check your water, if you have any phosphates, ammonia or nitrites or nitrates at all, you should work on this first, then get the cleaners to help in clean up</strong>[/QUote
thanx for your help

Originally posted by Beecher:
<strong>Get a product called Red Slime Remover......I used two doses of it and have never had a hint of red slime algae since.</strong><hr></blockquote>where c an you buy red slime remover?

biggdriver

In my opinion adding chemicals wont' solve the problem in the long term..As stated above a good skimmer will help along with Clean phosphate free water..RO/Di water is the best ...A good unit can be purchased for under 200.00 In the long run it will save you alot of money in water changes and chemicals..Also your food could be a source of phoshates..cut back on your food, suck out what is there and top-off your water with ro water..