How does this 250 gallon setup sound!

emporer

I want to start an interesting setup consisting of different types of fish. Iv'e brainstormed and come to a reasonable selection of species and different types of fish. I think it will work out,, You let me know. I m starting off with a250 already cycled 140 lbs of LS, and 80 LBS of LR.. I'm planning on keeping.... 1 Black tip reef shark, 1 Blue spotted stingray, 1 undulated trigger,
2 yellow seahorse, 1 octopus, 1 lookdown , 1 stargazer, 30 damsels, 1 panther grouper, 1 miniatus grouper, 1 purple tang, and probably a few jellfisyh. I seriously think this isnt a bad idea.. But im gonna pass on this setup for now, for some strange reason theres something holding me back, I sincearly oppologize if you read all of this and didnt smile. Thanks.

angelsrock

i don't feel like typing a lot so i'll just say that for the size of the tank and what you want to mix in that tank is not a good idea, some are too aggressive, some will be food for others, and on top of it you have too many fish listed.

thangbom

i think u need to do a little reasearch before u set up the tank.. for instance... trigger + octo = dead octo... if not killed by trigger then it will find it's way out and dry up on the flor 1 day and die..

sw65galma

Not to mention that bio load would kill the tank in a week. with only 80lbs of lr!! Sea horses would be dead in mintues. The grouper would eat everything in the tank, that the shark didn't eat and the octo would eat everything else it could grab. The damsels although tough would be gone by weeks end. This would be like a Blood sport movie..

emporer

I hope you guys take this lightly... I purposley mAde a terrible scenario to see the replys. I always wondered what people will say if i post something so crazy.. and i finally got my results. Rigt off the bat/ a black tip-- needs atleast 500g.. and octipuses and seahorses should be kept entirley by themselves... expetially octs... caz of there INK leakage. The trigger will pick at the shark and Ray.. damsels,, will be lunch for groupers and trigger... And everything will end up dead because of the INK when the octipus sprays which it will within 1 day. I dont know about the jellyfish though.......hmmm :notsure:

sw65galma

Originally Posted by Emporer
I hope you guys take this lightly... I purposley mAde a terrible scenario to see the replys. I always wondered what people will say if i post something so crazy.. and i finally got my results. Rigt off the bat/ a black tip-- needs atleast 500g.. and octipuses and seahorses should be kept entirley by themselves... expetially octs... caz of there INK leakage. The trigger will pick at the shark and Ray.. damsels,, will be lunch for groupers and trigger... And everything will end up dead because of the INK when the octipus sprays which it will within 1 day. I dont know about the jellyfish though.......hmmm :notsure:
Ya but this wouldn't be totally unrealistic for someone to really ask...
We got people with 30 fish in a 15 gal. Lions in Nanos, tangs in any tank you can imagine.

E

exile415

Originally Posted by Emporer
I wouldnt get a jellyfish.. they are extremly stupid IMO,the ones that are for aquariums die usually because it gets sucked up by, powerheads,overflows, etc etc ..

ophiura

Ya know what? I'm glad you jumped in quickly and said it was a "joke" 'cause I would have been royally ticked off if I had actually started the reply I was working on.
Where is the :rolleyes: smiley when you need it.
So no one else wastes time for not reading the whole thread, it is now closed :yes: