How does this bta look?

bostonpro

Here is a picture of what he looks like early in the morning. Is this normal or bad? I read that having the mouth exposed is a bad thing. He looks like the pictures above when the lights are on though, so what do you guys think?

broncofish

Originally posted by bostonPro
Here is a picture of what he looks like early in the morning. Is this normal or bad? I read that having the mouth exposed is a bad thing. He looks like the pictures above when the lights are on though, so what do you guys think?

well here is something that fenner said about a very similar problem some one was having with LTA's
"attrition from not feeding enough food or foods of small enough size. Most anemones need very finely shredded (less than 1/4 inch) ocean meats several times weekly if not daily. If not being given such foods or just as bad: large indigestible chunks (regurgitated later at night) then you anemone may very well be starving"

bostonpro

so his mouth sticking out like that is a sign that he is starving?
I've been feeding him mysis, brine, and squid about every other day. Should I countinue that or feed every day?

broncofish

not saying that for sure, but it could be a problem. I would say quit the brine for sure, and dependign on where you are getting your squid i would say quit that as well. See if you can get some silversides, and cut it up into small pieces, try feeding that to him every other day and see if that helps.