How does this happen???????????????????

05xrunner

I have shipped a good bit of things. I never had anything die on me.
ESPECIALLY an acan. I sent out 5 acans the same day. the 4 that people got on here where perfect and healthy. now i shipped the one to this guy on -- and its dead. all where in boxes less then 24hr. I also see he doesnt know much about the hobby as he was trying to leave bad feedback for someone cause he bought a MH light and was crying it had black spots on it and it was 10months old. I had blubs get those spots after a week. Anyway of ALL things to die an acan. I have had them shipped to me with no water and they where just fine. Something just doesnt add up. I had this acan in my tank for many months and it grew a very large amount for me.

ninjamini

got too hot?
sat on his porch?
did not acclimate?
water issues?
Something in his tank?
could be just that Poop happens.
or Bad luck for the noob.
Did you promise live delivery? Give him a refund for the acan but not the shipping. OR offer another free of charge and let him pay for sipping again or half.
Be fair. Communicate well and all if ok.

05xrunner

well if he acclimtaed it. I will not refund. acclimation is not needed and is bad to do in water that its been in for almost 24hr. Take out of the bag..20sec later in the tank. he signed for it at 11:30am and never sat on porch, wasnt my water cause all other 4acans I shipped same day got there in perfect health. Acans are almost impossiable to kill..I just dont get it. I have shipped a large Zoa rock and a monti frag once and it didnt make it overnight and delivered 2nd day and they where just fine as well. nothing left to offer to send again. tank is comming down and sold everything

myzislow

Wow, that's crazy looking. It had to be something on his end that cause this to happen. You shipped your acans to me cross country and all three arrived perfect. I'm with you on the acclimation thing. As soon as I got them I took them straight out of the box and put them into my tank. No floating, no dripping, nothing....and all is well. I never acclimate any of my corals. I inspect them for pests and if they are zoas I may dip them, but other then that I really can't say I have ever acclimated a coral.
BY the way , what acan was that? It's a shame that this happened but IMO there is really nothing that you can do here that will make him happy. I know I wouldn't be inclined to give refund in this case. Something just doesn't add up.

dude23455

I have never seen an acan completely lose its flesh in 24 hours. I had one die in my tank a while back and it took a week for all the flesh to come off under high flow. Did he say it arrived looking exactly like that?
Something doesnt add up man.

jhebi

Maybe he took a pic of something else that dies on him before...hehe
That I know ACAN is of the hardiest coral ever, you can break them apart, step on them and they still will grow, weird how that happened...