how good is this coralife skimmer ??

thangbom

i seen that skimmer in another forum.. it seemed to work perdy good for it's price from the pic's i seen.. ( i dont personally own or used 1 .. only seen pics and read on it)

peccavi18

I'm ordering one here in about 2 wks. I read the 65 is designed alittle different than the 125 and the 125 is suppossedly ALITTLE better. Everything I have read about them seems to be really good the only thing I read was a few ppl said they were loud and they produce some air bubbles but you can mod them easily to clear up the air bubble problem. I think I'm getting the 65, but it depends on how much $$ I get for my birthday. I'll give ya an update when i get it. -pecc

bergamer

i have a superskimmer 125 hanging on the back of my tank.
I personally like it, alothough I found it to have 1 problem. which is that I could not get the bubble difuser to work correctly without overflowing the return line. so the only way I could make it work was to place the return line above the waterline, thus some of the water pushes through the difuser but a majority of the water overflows the difuser and pours directly into my tank. I am setting up a sump atm and I was told by someone else that when placed inthe sump, he had no problems whatsoever.

jason57

i was thinking about getting this skimmer. which do you think is better, the sea clone 100 or the coralife ss 65? btw this is for my 55gallon

lennon

Originally Posted by Jason57
i was thinking about getting this skimmer. which do you think is better, the sea clone 100 or the coralife ss 65? btw this is for my 55gallon

Aqua c's seem to be the favorites here..I heard they are great..REmora urchin etc..
good luck

crzyfshygy

I have the 65 on my reef 65gl and it rocks
It hangs on my sump and pulls some freak nasty crap out of my tank. I recomend it in the highest. No bubbles in my tank the diffusser takes care of that.

chipmaker

Bergama, Coralifes "revised" instructions tell you to install the outflow tube at or above the tanks water level. Seems CSS instruction is illustrated as well as written with problem inducing setup instrucitons...........They are supposed to have a revised set of directions on their website soon......
Other than size and make / brand of pumps on skimmers by coralife, the real difference in the models above the CSS65 is just the bubble "Infuser". On the 65 model its a cone shaped device, and on the larger models its sort of 2, 45 deg elbows..........which is supposed to give a wider dispersion of induced bubbles in the reaction chamber so they spread out further in the wider chamber........
Jason57........When it works a seaclone is a decent skimmer, but even on its best day can't compare to a CSS. I am not knocking a seaclone, but the CSS is a much better skimmer.]
It seems like more and more folks are getting rid of their Remoras for the coralife models............one of the biggies is noise levels......the CSS models are quiet..........

turbonut

for the money imo you couldnt get a better skimmer then the css i have the 220 on my 90gal and it pull some nasty stuff

hagfish

I have the 125 and I love it.
I have the Jebo 180 which is a seaclone knock off and it isnt nearly as good. Although with some mods I found online it is quite a bit better than it originally was now.

fishsta

I have the aqua c remora and i love it. Its virtually silent and is constantly pulling out gunk! Look in to it.