how good of camera do you people have?

S

scriggle

wow, I see some great, crystal clear close-up pictures some of you people take. How good of a camera do I need to take good close-ups. what megapixel/optical zoom specs do your cameras have for the extreme detail?

viper_930

Most of my pics are taken with a Minolta Dimage F300 with 5 MP, 3x optical zoom, 4x digital zoom, and a tripod. I always use manual focus and exposure.
A picture's worth a thousand words. 3 pics = 3 thousand?

jdboy

We bought a Kodak Z740 after Christmas and love it. 5 mega pix with 10 opti zoom. Great mid price camera with printer dock.

mr_bill

I just have a Olympus stylus 600, not much of a camera guy but I like the pictures it has taken so far.

vejomatic

MR. Bill - your clown goby looks fantastic and very happy...i like.
NM reef - in your second pic. are those Ricordia or Yuma (?) :thinking:
~mc

vejomatic

wow! your jammen rabid. i want a 6line sooo bad. I broke down and bought a mexican rock wrasse...hes preety cool, he sleeps "inside" rocks. luckily I have a couple he likes.
Nice camera, go Nikon
~mc

rabid frog

Unfortunately everything is R.I.P. My reef did not make the trek from Texas to New Mexico. I did everything I could took all the precautions but things this sensitive do not move well. But I have my experience and a new place to start from. But I was very sad and almost swore off Salt tanks. But once a reefer, always a reefer i guess.
I bought a new 75, same lights and wet/dry. That was the only thing I kept from the other tank... I even threw away all the lr.
I am kicking myself for that now.

vejomatic

awww man that is a shame. Im sure your new reef will be dymanite. Say hello to the Big Sky out your way for me...I sure miss those dark skies.
~mc