How is the Fourm???

How has everyone been?
Been a while since I was last on, and it seems like this fourm has slown down. Is there still a good group like Snake, Meowzer, Flower, or BLTD still around? Or have they moved on....
I really looked up to these tanks and their keeps and hope to get back into the swing of things.

nissan577

How has everyone been?
Been a while since I was last on, and it seems like this fourm has slown down. Is there still a good group like Snake, Meowzer, Flower, or BLTD still around? Or have they moved on....
I really looked up to these tanks and their keeps and hope to get back into the swing of things.
A good amount of people are still here. Rebel is gone which I am aware off and a few others. I know many went to another forum.

snakeblitz33

I lurk more these days than usual.
Im finding lots more information elsewhere and a bigger community with not nearly as many annoying ads.
Though, i feel pretty well rooted here because the people i have already made friends with are here.

gemmy

I lurk here and post occasionally. I am one of the ones that has found another forum.

This fourm is the first I really became involved in and I feel very rooted here to...
sad to see it slip away and fall behind to RC and other fourms....

nissan577

YThis fourm is the first I really became involved in and I feel very rooted here to...
sad to see it slip away and fall behind to RC and other fourms....
yea but people in rc think they are a know it all and blah blah blah I hate it and will never join it!

snakeblitz33

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissan577 http:///t/395189/how-is-the-fourm#post_3518023
Y
yea but people in rc think they are a know it all and blah blah blah I hate it and will never join it!
Yeah, there are a few people on there that think that their way is the only way to do things and get into all kinds of arguments about it. But, I learn things from it, but as always take everything with a grain of salt.
I don't really participate a whole lot of those forums either as far as answering questions or joining into discussions. I mainly read and research a bit. I also read a lot of their articles and occasionally post questions.
These forums can also get out of control sometimes. Some people can be downright mean and arrogant. I try to avoid all of that myself. I'm here to learn and to share information with others. If I am wrong, I'll admit that I am wrong! And the best part is that on this forum, there are plenty of like minded people like me. So,... I stay.

nissan577

Il
Yeah, there are a few people on there that think that their way is the only way to do things and get into all kinds of arguments about it. But, I learn things from it, but as always take everything with a grain of salt.
I don't really participate a whole lot of those forums either as far as answering questions or joining into discussions. I mainly read and research a bit. I also read a lot of their articles and occasionally post questions.
These forums can also get out of control sometimes. Some people can be downright mean and arrogant. I try to avoid all of that myself. I'm here to learn and to share information with others. If I am wrong, I'll admit that I am wrong! And the best part is that on this forum, there are plenty of like minded people like me. So,... I stay.
I'm with you. It's like people who think they have 20k post think they know everything. An honestly you don't. I also hated it when I was working at the fish store people will come ask me questions an when I was done explaining their response will be but the forums say otherwise. It's like they don't listen to no one else other than the forums or what one guy says

snakeblitz33

Ive seen some pretty horrible advise coming from all different post counts, honestly. And i have seen some amazingly awesome advice coming from some low post counts. So i dont think post count has much to do with knowledge of the hobby. There are a couple of people even on these boards like that.

nissan577

YIve seen some pretty horrible advise coming from all different post counts, honestly. And i have seen some amazingly awesome advice coming from some low post counts. So i dont think post count has much to do with knowledge of the hobby. There are a couple of people even on these boards like that.are you referring to me? Lol hehehe

ibew41

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeBlitz33 http:///t/395189/how-is-the-fourm#post_3518041
Ive seen some pretty horrible advise coming from all different post counts, honestly. And i have seen some amazingly awesome advice coming from some low post counts. So i dint think post count has much to do with knowledge of the hobby. There are a couple of people even on these boards like that.
like that every place remember a person here telling others how to cycle tanks and adding chemicals when asked to show a pic of their tank admitted didn't have one but read a lot about them.one person here went on another site on the ats craze didn't realize the guy he was bashing was a totm winner and writer on reef keeper mag

snakeblitz33

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBEW41 http:///t/395189/how-is-the-fourm#post_3518162
like that every place remember a person here telling others how to cycle tanks and adding chemicals when asked to show a pic of their tank admitted didn't have one but read a lot about them.one person here went on another site on the ats craze didn't realize the guy he was bashing was a totm winner and writer on reef keeper mag
bahahahaha
Yeah, I love it when people come on here and tell each other to use bacteria in a bottle to cycle their tanks...

acrylic51

No different than the guy being bashed about using damsels to cycle his tank.....To each his own......

al&burke

I still come here every now and then because of the people here that I like. Sometimes people need to realize there is more than one way to skin a cat, sorry meowzer. Anyways this is still a great site but we need to shake it up a bit.

sweatervest13

I have to say that I like seeing different ways of doing things. I feel that any best practices that folks share can only help expand my knowledge base.
That being said, I really don't like the hard liners over on RC sometimes. It seems that its their way or the highway. Its like they want everyone's tank to look the exact same and have the same stock lists. But I have seen some nice members being the voice of reason over there reminding everyone that its not all about following the "cool kids" book on SW tanks.
I really like the diversity here!! We do have a lot of old school knowledge combined with some of the new school tricks as well. Everyone here for the most part is just interested in seeing new folks have success in setting up their tanks and remaining in the hobby for a longer term. I can say that if I did not find this forum three years ago that I might not be in the hobby anymore. This place has encouraged me to constantly search for new content regarding the hobby. I love reading links to new info. Even though some of it contradicts what I thought was the "way" to do it before.