How long can a real ocean sea turtle stay alive in a house tank

mie

You just opened a huge can of worms!!!!!!!!!!
Most of us know that sea turtles can live for a long time 100 plus years in the WILD, and most of us know that anything living in captivity lives about three quarters to half there normal life span. You should not capture things in the ocean and put in your tank, there are huge ecological ramafications, especially if you re release it (this should never be done) you could introduce organisms and disease that are foreign to wild creatures. not to mention what you did is against the law and if i am not mistaken sea turtles are an endangered speicies and you could get a massive fine!!!!!!!!!!!! not to mention jail time.

flricordia

Even if this is a joke I would not be suprised if there was a knock on your door from the US fisheries just to see if you have one. They have been cracking down in recient years against those that possess endangered species and especially sea turtles.
It might be less offense to post something like :I have been making crack cocaine and would like to know how to distribute it'.

reefkprz

Originally Posted by Flricordia
Even if this is a joke I would not be suprised if there was a knock on your door from the US fisheries just to see if you have one. They have been cracking down in recient years against those that possess endangered species and especially sea turtles.
that would be the funniest part of the joke.

florida joe

Ok ok lets say this is true if I were you I would contact the closest aquarium or conservatory in the area plead ignorance and have them tell you, your next step in getting it back where it belongs

florida joe

Originally Posted by reefkprZ

Fraggin I thought we were having a thunder storm but it’s just every one at SWF

Man people I was just kidding. Why would I take a Sea Turtle. And I would never do anything to disturb the natral habbitat of any species or envirnment. I haven't even seen a real sea turtle, the only time I have ever even gotten close to seeing a real sea turtle was in finding nemo (which I plan to recreate, only the part where nemo is in the fish tank, NO TURTLES). Sorry for this prank that I pulled, I just wanted to see what peoples reaction would be. Sorry, once again I HAVE NEVER TAKEN A SEA TURTLE, NOR DO I HAVE ONE.

mie

Originally Posted by florida joe
Man one way or another your credibility here is in the toilet IMO
Could'nt agree more. I almost think that he actually did this and is scared sh**less.

I wanted to see your reaction because around where I live, most everyone does not do there fair share to conserve the environment, and it makes me mad that some people do and people around me are just self centered and have huge cars and other things of that matter. I always try to concerve when ever I can, And I know people do take sea turtles and other indengered species just because they wanted it at the time, and have no intention to take care of it. And stuff like that makes me mad and I wanted to see if there were more people like me that don't like people being so inconciderate and rude, and just don't appreciate the environment.