How long can they survive?

Last night, one of the sockets in my lighting hood stopped working, leaving one light. This morning none of the lights in the hood work, but the lights are still good. Obviously I don't have enough light to support my bubble tip, mushrooms and two flower corals. How long can they last with out light since more than likely I will have to order a new hood. OR does any one else have a different suggestion in fixing this problem. My lighting hood is the 25 gl. eclipse hood which is still under warranty because I have only had it about 5 months. Thanks for the help!
~~Megan

Thanks TJ, I happened to be able to get the new light hood exchanged the night after it happened, and it seems like everything is okay. One of my flower corals is still sluggish, but I think it will do fine.
~~Megan

4husky

Hey, if it happens again, and the bulbs aren't burned out, it may be the starters. they're about $1.50-$2 at any store that stocks flourescent fixtures/shop lights.
Cat

M

mr. limpet

Yeah It maybe the starters... and if you can, go to Home Depot. You can get a 2 pk of starters there for less then 1 in the lfs.
Mr.Limpet

Wow, thanks a lot, I never would have thought of that! It probably was the starter, I had noticed the lights weren't turning on that well. Thanks for the great idea!
~~Megan