how long do u spend looking at ur DT?

i love fish

5-10 minutes
10-30 minutes
30 minutes plus
1-2 hours
2 hours plus
I spend about an hour or more (if I have time), I would spend all day if I could, I just love watching them and wanna know am I normal???

grabbitt

Given I don't have a DT myself, I would say I spend at least 1.5 hours collectively per day investigating my tanks... It's a good thing I don't have a social life or it would really get in the way

V

veeraj87

1-2 hrs.... its hard to look away the fish are just amazing in saltwater i get over my fresh water fish in a heartbeat

reefkprz

depends on the day and whats going on but never less than an hour a day. (usually right before bed to unwind)

i love fish

I agree, they r hard 2 not look at. I actually have my DT at the bottom of my staircase, so I eat all my meals sitting on the stairs watching them.
I love them so much, amazing creatures

casper1875

I spend as much time as I can. I even lose track of time. When I'm not with them, I'm reading about them, or at the lfs. At work I'm thinking about them. At 2:00 AM when I can't sleep I'm in with a red light and seeing what's new. It's an obsession.

i love fish

Originally Posted by casper1875
http:///forum/post/2595674
I spend as much time as I can. I even lose track of time. When I'm not with them, I'm reading about them, or at the lfs. At work I'm thinking about them. At 2:00 AM when I can't sleep I'm in with a red light and seeing what's new. It's an obsession.

My god, you've got it as bad as me.
It's not just me then, yippie.

nina&noah

My fish keep me company during the day. My DT is in my son's playroom, so I stare at fish while he plays. Lately during naptime I get on SWF. I need to stop that though, my house needs to be cleaned.

aquaknight

Not has much time as I'd like. Usually about an hour, hour and a half a day, though most of that is feeding the display tanks. Though I'm watching my quarantine tanks a lot recently. Just with me as the only one in the house during the summer, not enough time to observe all the tanks. :-(

K

kikithemermaid

10-30 minutes, my dog spends more time looking at it.

kellyh_01

I can hardly wait until there's fish in there. As it is I spend 30 -60 minutes a day looking at my dead live rocks! I am planning my stock list though, usually reading a book about swf before I fall asleep, so lately I've been dreaming about ordering fish. Guess I fit right in!
Kelly

kynekke

It's actually my break from the kids... I LOVE my kids, don't get me wrong but once in a while I need my FISH! They don't argue, or touch each other, or steal toys... anyway... my favorite thing is to go down to the tank, have a comfy seat and a drink, tell the kids I'm cleaning (then they poof) and watch for 30-45 minutes. Sooooo relaxing!

My tank is six weeks old with two clowns just added. My wife catches me ignoring my favorite shows and just makes fun of me. I got bit by the SW bug hard...absolutlely stunning creatures...i want more tanks

redman1221

There is no time limit, I look at my tank all the time as soon as I get home from work. So yes I am addicted to saltwater fish and loving every minute of it.
If I am not looking at my tank I am on here or the reef club that I joined in my city.

del_rn

I spend as much time as I can watching my SWF. When I get up in the morning I look at them on the way to the coffee pot and of course when I get home and before I go to bed. I absolutely love them. I have a fresh water tank as well for my son and I don't look at them as often anymore. It is so relaxing to look them and I love the fact that the clown swims right up to the class when you walk up and then follows you around. It is absolutely awesome!!!!! Best money I have ever spent on a hobby!

hammerhed7

I think it all depends on placement, my 46 reef is in my kitchen so I look at it all the time. When I finished my basement I built a 220 aggressive tank, the problem is it is a bar/ game room, and not used everyday so I don't spend as much time looking at it as I would like, in retrospect I should have done the 220 in my family room instead.