How long does it take a candy cane to split?

jerth6932

Is it a quick splitter under ideal conditions, or is it a relativaly slow grower? I got a really sweet neon green candy cane single polyp. I was just wondering how long it will take to get a nice little colony built up?

sman

Mine seem to grow pretty good if I feed them weekly, about 2 months ago I bought a green one with 5 heads, it now has 13 and 2 are ready to split again. My purple on the other hand, doesnt seem to grow nearly as much, yet there basicialy in the same spot in the tank and get fed the same amount on the same time frame.

paintballer768

My blue candy canes usually get like really large before they show a 2nd mouth and decide to split. Ive had the frag for, about a month now, and it's largest head has split once.

big

My Green one was bleached and slow to start. It has been fairly slow growing from about 4 or 5 skinny single heads back in the early spring to this now........ I have increased the nightime feedings and am seeing better growth now...........Seems to like Cyclo's a lot... But I still am not real happy with growth speed.......... Good Luck.........

jerth6932

Hey thx for your input all! That gives me a good time frame! I just have to leave them alone and let them do there thing! I hope it is a relatively fast, grower, it is kinda measly looking, one stalk and all! THX again!

ci11337

Keeping your water params in good shape is the best thing you can do. They grow pretty fast in relation to other LPS. Mine has definitely grown faster than my hammer and brain.