How long does it take for you to clean your tank?

a2fire2i

I was just wondering how long it takes to your clean your tank? If you would, post what you do each time, the size of you tank, and the type of filtration/equipment you have..
I have a 20 L, with a HOD AC filter, turned into a refuge, i change 3 gallons each week, and it takes about an hour to change the water, clean the powerheads, and clean the sides of the tank..

rbrockm1

i have 40g and it takes me 2hrs because i will stop to look into my tank to watch the fish swim. I get distracted easily. But i don't care i love spending time with my fish. We are a family.

mrdc

Originally Posted by Fishgeek01
approx 2 hrs weekly, 75 gal reef, 6 gal water change clean glass, maintain filters, watch fish...

About the same here. I clean the glass with a mag-float every day and then a two hour job on the weekend. Sometimes longer if it's time to clean the power heads and return pump.

nctarheels

i clean my 55 gallon tank in about 30 minutes. but i have been doing this for a long time. so i can take 5 gallons out (a 5 gal bucket) 5 in because theres this place called Sea Save that sells saltwater at a dollar per gallon. not bad and it saves a ton of time. i also clean lights, filters, and glass about twice a month. sea save is a pretty nice place they rescue fish from cyanide poisoning and keep everything QTed mucho

It'll usually take me an hour or so. I change water, clean the glass, change filter pad and clean the light. Does anyone else's light attract salt creep like a magnet? It drives me insane!

mr. limpid

I do a little every day because if I let wait and do it all at once it would take the entire day. I have 2 tanks 20L reef and 125 FOL&S. Allways somthing to clean, check, top off, feed, move, make RO water, make saltwater and many more. But I love it, I'm thankfull I have an understanding wife.

cougar

I have a 120 and a 240, it really doesn't take that much more time to clean the 240 than the 120. 2-3 hours depending on the filters need good cleaning or if the rock work needs to be stirred up. I mix my own water and have left over salt buckets that I use. 6 buckets for the 120 and all 10 for the 240. Pisses my wife off about how much salt i go through.

puffer32

No time at all, I keep up with the glas with my mag float and clean out the skimmer whenever it needs to be don, actually don't even have a cleaning schedule
I do a 30 gal water change bi weekly in my 150, that takes about 30 mins, I pump the old water out with a pump and then pump the clean water from a 30 gal trash can. I do use the pump to clean off the rocks right before I do a water change about once every 6 weeks or so, thats about it.

helpme74

approx 1 hrs biweekly, 75 gal reef ready tank, 10 gal water change clean glass with mag-float, maintain filters. very easy with a sump