How long does it take sps to regain it's color if lost during shipping?

chris009

I ordered some tyree frags. The fed ex guy got here 8 hours late, so most of the corals lost alot of color. They are mostly brown with some of their original colors on the tips. I'm just wondering how long will it take to regain color in these frags, or if they will ever regain their original color at all. Thanks alot.

stdreb27

I had a tiny green bali slimer frag turn brown after being without power from ike. By the end of the week it was green again.

gatorwpb

it also could take a few weeks to a month. it depends on how "brown". Ive bought brown sps from a LFS and after a few months it turned blue or purple. Most likely if it turned a brown shade from shipping it will bounce back quicker than my examples.

chris009

Also, one of the coral had pink tips. Now the tips are white, but the rest of the coral is an off green. I'm wondering if the white tip will color back to the pink, or if that part of the coral won't recover.

aquaguy24

i bought a browned out acro that was starting to bleach cuz it was cheap from a lfs..took 3 weeks for it to turn to a nice florecent green color and no more bleaching..

netimreefer

yeah I know that if your tanks parameters are not ideal than they tend to brown and will regain color once it is closer to ideal conditions