How long for a ricordia to split into 2?

ninjamini

I just bought the best orange ricordia. How long if I let it split before it becomes 2? Yea I know I can frag but not this one. Is one slipt per 2 months about right?
So if I have 1 this month
November I will have 2?
January I will have 4?
March 8
May 16
July 32
and so on...
I am trying for gague its requited rock size.

quaffin1

I've had a green ricordia and a orange ricordia for 6 months, maybe longer
and neither has split. They both seem happy, I'm just waiting to see
what happens.

flricordia

what lighting under? If you have it under MH place a 50/50 PC over it for about a week and that will help it split faster. Growth is better under PC but color gets better under MH. Also feed. Make sure alk and calcium levels are up too. Iodine supplementation also helps faster growth.

myzislow

I would not recommend blindly dosing iodine.Supplementation of Iodine really isn't needed at all. I've also read that the commercially available iodine test kits aren't even able to properly gauge your iodine levels. Do you water changes and you'll be fine.
I had rics for about a year under PC and they did great, but since switching to MH the difference in the color is insane. I was replacing my PC bulbs often, almost every 4 months, and still noticed that the rics began to fade, and stretch for more light. They may have inflated a bit more with PC, but I think it was just them trying to absorb as much light as possible.