How Long Has Everyone Had Their Blue Linkias Before They Die?!

microman2k

well i was just wondering how long everyone has had their linkia's before they die. i have had mine since Wednesday after school. i know it's a bit morbid but i am just wondering how much time appr. i have left before the poor thing *might* die, i am saying might because as i have read on these posts, anything can happen and even though my chances are not good i am still trying to keep up my hopes! so whats the norm? 3 days? a month?

goinballde

i had a blue linkia about 3 years ago...he only lasted like 6 weeks..I was inexperienced at this and I am sure poor water quality and lack of knowledge had something to do with it...My local LFS told me they dont like to get the blues in cause there death rate is very high..I am wanting to get a purple or a aronge linkia starfish,does anyone know if there lifespan is longer or better than blues

fizztech

i have kept a mandarin over 2 years, had anemonies split, have tons of coralline, but the blue linkia i had lasted a week.:nervous: i will never do one again. :nope: o yeah and my take has been set up 4 years.

microman2k

i didn't know it was going to die soon, the :mad: "other site":mad: i ordered it off from said i quote "it is a great beginier critter and very hardy" so naturally i bought it! but mine doesn't even cruise around the tank, it just sits in one spot in and out of a hole!

goldenboy

my blue linkia only lasted about 2 weeks. I have 100+lbs. of LR. I went with a marble a month or 2 ago and it's been doing quite well(so far). I'd stay away from the linkias. They suck...