How long have you been into this hobby?

fishtails

How long have you been a saltwater/freshwater aquarist?
I've been into freshwater for 3 yrs now. Time sure does fly.
I've been into saltwater for 1.5 yrs now.

R

ricksreef

got my first tank at 11,holy @#*% i'm 41
30 yrs. freshwater,
26 saltwater,
still learning ;)

killa

About 1yr in saltwater
had fresh water for about 6months before that, till then i saw the light of salt water!:D

T

thomas712

Bought my 55 gallon back in 1986 from a girlfriends brother inlaw. When I first saw the tank it was freshwater and you could bearly see in it with all the puppy chow floating in it. That's right puppy chow, thats what they fed their fish, must have been a 1/2 inch of it settled on the bottom unbelievably nasty.
So:
Saltwater 17 years
Reef 4 years.
Freshwater: ahhhh years and years been nearly 20 years scince I had one. Think I got rid of it after my first salt tank.
Thomas

pferboy

fresh: 2 years
salt: 3 years
i have learned more in the past 2 months from this bb than i have in the past 3 years. thankyou everyone.

S

simm

Fresh 5 years. Salt I was in for about 3 years got out for another 5 then back in for the last 2. Reef I have just been in for the last 2. Other times they were FO.

S

sinner's girl

sw about 3 years i guess. Sinner set up a 20gl swf tank back when we first met. He tried to convert his fw to sw...it didn't work...
as he set up tanks and involved me i became an addict, now i think i'm more into it than he is. One day i'll have the money to buy and completly set up my own tank so that I can do things my way (he doesn't really follow the rules).