how long should i have lights on for an anenome?

rcdude1990

how long should the lights be running per day? right now i run them for 2 hours, prob gotta run longer right? anyone got a lighting schedule maybe?

jackri

Curious why you only run 2 hours a day. Don't like looking at your tank or ?
Most people run their lights 8 - 12 hours a day.

gio28

what kind of lighting do you have? if you have PCs then they should be on longer than a MH since anemones need alot of light. but yeah...like jackri said 8-12 hours is what you want.

rcdude1990

lol nah i luv my tank lol, its only a fish only tank tho, but im lookin to buy an anenome and mayb pom pom xenias, show long should i run the lights? i dnt mind running them longer lol

rcdude1990

got t5ho's, 4 bulbs, do ppl run them 8hours straight? or like 4 hours, 1 hour break, another 4 hours later? jus curious, ill run my lights long if i have to

lovinmynemo

I keep my tank lit from 8am to 9pm running the pcs for two hours before the halide kicks on,then the halide kicks off 1 hour early.

jackri

Run them straight.... go outside and on a sunny day the sun doesn't take an hour break at noon for lunch ;)
When you turn off the lights that's basically simulating "nighttime" which in a saltwater aquarium creates a whole new world. Some stuff goes to sleep, other stuff comes alive. Having interval light periods in the same day just confuses any livestock IMO and doesn't give it a chance to get into rhythm of the dark or light.

nycbob

what kind of anemone r u planning to keep. most anemones require strong lighting. with 4 t5 bulbs, it should be ok for most anemones unless ur tank is deep. water quality is also important when getting most anemones. which part of queens r u from? fishtown usa sells anemones for decent prices.

nycbob

Originally Posted by JTT
http:///forum/post/3219732
if you cant spell it, you shouldnt keep it in your tank!
A N E M O N E
when did we start becoming english teachers? not everyone on this forum could spell, and i think thats ok. lets be nice and considerate to one another.

xcali1985

Originally Posted by nycbob
http:///forum/post/3219733
when did we start becoming english teachers? not everyone on this forum could spell, and i think thats ok. lets be nice and considerate to one another.
Basically what hes saying is that by the time you have done enough research on how to keep an anemone you should be able to spell it in just about every language on the planet. Not really but you get the point, I hope :)
Youll see that line he stated all over the internet.

J

jstdv8

Anemones require an established tank, recommended 6 months or longer up and running.
you lights go with actinics only for 2 hours in the AM then all lights on for 8 or so hours then actinics only for 2 hours in the PM, supposed to act like the sun coming up and rising high in the sky then setting. Put the lights on a timer and everything will get used to the schedule just like real daylight.

jtt

Originally Posted by Xcali1985
http:///forum/post/3219746
Basically what hes saying is that by the time you have done enough research on how to keep an anemone you should be able to spell it in just about every language on the planet.
precisely.