How long should it take for my eel to come back alive

M

Madam truefire

I need to get real. How long can an eel be without immersion in marine water? If the tank drained 3 days ago, and he hasn't moved for 5 days,
has he gone to eel heaven? I have him in a hole to bury him but now I'm freaked out with other reports of hibernation. Wow. I don't want to bury him if he is playing possum or whatever.

M

Madam truefire

still but not dry. NO Rigormortise. He is soft and plyable, but not moving. 4 days without marine water. Either this is a miracle or I am a very very very naive person. I can't seem to get anyone to answer. He is outside in open air. but not stiff and not dry and it has been 4 days.
Originally Posted by cunningham
i beg to differ one time an eel got out of my tank and i found it on the floor all stiff and dried out, i thought it was dead for sure. i picked it up and was walking to the trash can, and i felt a slight movement :scared: so i went back too my tank and dropped it in and that thing instantly started to swim i could not believe it but if you cant see him breathing he's probobly gone. sorry
Then it was'nt stiff. Stiff=rigormortise(SP.), rigormortise=dead. I have had them escape and revived them a few times, but stiff and dry is dead.
ll

M

Madam truefire

would someone please help me? I'm pet sitting and snow flake suddenly stopped eating, went to front of aquarium and coiled with head hidden by rock. did NOT move, then the awful aquarium sprung a leak, and drained. He did not move. After 3 days, I removed him from empty dry tank.
He is not dry and does not have rigormortise, but he is either hibernation status or dead as a door nail. any votes? I don't want to bury him if there is a hibernation miracle in progress. Please someone help, and don't be humorous. I'm sad that I can't help him