How long until single fish is a female?

garnet13aj

I'm thinking of buying a 29 gallon used aquarium with a clownfish (not sure what kind yet, which is why I'm not sure if I want it yet) and a sixline wrasse. How long do you think it takes a single clownfish to become a female? Does it depend on what kind?
Also, if it is now a female then will a juvenile placed with it turn into an adult male fairly soon?
Will the sixline wrasse impede the transformation period at all? How about once the pair has bonded, will the wrasse impede breeding? Is it much better to have the clownfish pair separated or are a few extra fish okay?
I've been reading up on the breeding process but thought it might be a good idea to get a pair started on bonding while I read up on the details since it can take awhile.
Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

blademaster

i think if its a male it will stay a male untell there is another clown then the big one will become female. i dont now about the sixline but i now that if u have 3 clown of the same type the bonede 2 will kill the other one found that out the hard way it maybe deffernt it the group is bigger