How long will it take to dry out aiptasia?

alyssia

I am giving up the aiptasia fight in my seahorse tank. Joe's Juice, lemon juice, and boiling water have not worked and I cannot get ahold of a bergia nudi. It is out of control and I give up. I am moving my seahorse and I'm going to take all the LR out, let it dry up, and re-cure it. The aip is all over the tank walls too so I'm going to let it dry out. How long will it take to dry out the aiptasia?

teresaq

Sorry to hear about your horse. Read on bronco thread.
instead of drying out rock, you might try dipping them in very high salitity. Someone on another site told me he got rid of brissle worms from his live rock this way. he dipped them in a bucket of saltwater at 1.040.

alyssia

Will hypersalinity kill aiptasia? I would still have to deal with the aip that's growing all over the glass though.

teresaq

I would think it would melt them. then use a razor blade to get the ones on the glass.
could you horse have been stung?

alyssia

Originally Posted by TeresaQ
I would think it would melt them. then use a razor blade to get the ones on the glass.
could you horse have been stung?

It's certainly possible. The aiptasia is EVERYWHERE and spreading with a vengance.

teresaq

yeh i would do what ever you could to get rid of them -- boil them, dry them sick pep shrimp on them. good luck
I lost one of mine three or 4 days after i got her. I think she either snicked a piece of shell or a brissle worm.

alyssia

yeh i would do what ever you could to get rid of them -- boil them, dry them sick pep shrimp on them. good luck
I lost one of mine three or 4 days after i got her. I think she either snicked a piece of shell or a brissle worm.

The pepps I get never touch the aiptasia.

Sorry to hear about your horse. I want to get another one but I read on the seahorse sight that's it's not a good idea to add new ones. Don't you think it would be okay though if I got it from the same place?

teresaq

yeh, as long as you qt for a week or so to be sure its eating and is healthy.
They add to thier herds some how. I'm getting a new one, but the breeder said i had to wait 6 weeks to be sure my other two arent sick, then i have to qt the new one for several weeks.
I'm even getting the new one from a different place then the breeder, but he said he trusted the person sending me the new horse so it will be fine.

alyssia

Reading Bronco's thread is making me really want to try dwarves...we go camping alot in the summer though so I wouldn't be able to hatch brine daily.

What kind of ponies do you have again? I can't remember

alyssia

Reading Bronco's thread is making me really want to try dwarves...we go camping alot in the summer though so I wouldn't be able to hatch brine daily.

alyssia

teresaq

mine are erectis. I only have females, no males. didnt want to deal with babies right now.
The dwarfs are really cute, but i just dont have the time to have three or four hatcheries going for bbs.

alyssia

mine are erectis. I only have females, no males. didnt want to deal with babies right now.
The dwarfs are really cute, but i just dont have the time to have three or four hatcheries going for bbs.

I only have females also, for the same reason.

woolfe

TERESAQ, I don't suppose you would be willing to part with one of those females for my poor lonley Jack. Would you? :notsure:

teresaq

woolfe, sorry no. I just got them a month ago, and am waiting on my third from a breeder. give me an e-mail m0m24@earthlink dot net

watson3

IMO drying it out will not solve your problem..I have added rocks that were dried out for months, and once everything gets revitalized, it is right back like before..

alyssia

Originally Posted by watson3
IMO drying it out will not solve your problem..I have added rocks that were dried out for months, and once everything gets revitalized, it is right back like before..

Thanks for the reply! I guess I'll just keep fighting it.