How long will live sand live outside a tank?

extremepcs

Hi all,
I ordered some LS from SWF. I was hoping it would take the normal 2 days to ship, but they were uber efficient and shipped it in 1
Question - Will LS be OK without being put in to a tank for 48 hours (24 hours shipping, 24 more to get my tank setup). I MIGHT be able set up the tank before it arrives tomorrow, but it's going to be next to impossible.
Thanks!

scotts

Are you talking about the sand that comes sealed in a bag? If so, yeah you will be OK, The shelf life on that stuff is actually a lot longer than you would think. But also just so you know when I moved my tank I had my sand in a cooler for 4 days I think and while it was not perfect at the end it was still live.
HTH
Scott

bang guy

Originally Posted by extremepcs
Hi all,
I ordered some LS from SWF. I was hoping it would take the normal 2 days to ship, but they were uber efficient and shipped it in 1
Question - Will LS be OK without being put in to a tank for 48 hours (24 hours shipping, 24 more to get my tank setup). I MIGHT be able set up the tank before it arrives tomorrow, but it's going to be next to impossible.
Thanks!
Put it in the biggest container you can find with a powerhead or an air pump with as much water as you can. A heater is a huge plus.

extremepcs

Originally Posted by Bang Guy
Put it in the biggest container you can find with a powerhead or an air pump with as much water as you can. A heater is a huge plus.
Thanks. Luckily I was able to juggle some stuff around and was able to get the tank setup this morning. BIG relief :joy: