How long will the fish live???

mandy

I do not live near a good store that
sells saltwater fish. If I bought some new
fish, it would take me about 2-3 hours
to get home with them. Would they live?
What about ordering them from the internet?
If anyone has done this, please tell me
how it works and why the fish don't die.
Mandy

salt one

yeah, just yesterday i bought a yellow tang and a coral and they lasted the 2 hour drive, but i had them in a bag in the dark and made sure that the store clerk put alot of air in the bag, and made sure they didn't move to much on the way home. but they should be fine, just try not to stress them.

jimos

IHAVE ORDERED FROM SALTWATERFISH.COM.
1 POWDER BLUE TANG
1 BICOLORANGEL
1 SADDLEBACK BUTTERFLY
1 WASTE MANAGEMENT PACKAGE
EVERYTHING HAS ARRIVED IN GREAT CONDITION.
AS LONG AS YOU FOLLOW THEIR ACCLIMATION INSTRUCTIONS YOU CAN'T GO WRONG. ALSO THEIR PRICES ARE VERY REASONABLE AND THE GIVE A 6 DAY GUARANTEE. EVERYTHING IS SHIPPED NEXT DAY AIR.

harris

I bought a peppermint shrimp in west NY by my job and I had to drive 1 1/2 hours to get it home. I prepared to pick hi up by packing a cooler for the ride. I also told the owner what my plan was, and he obliged. We put extra air and water in it by having a larger bag. I put it in the cooler so it would try to maintain constant temp. When I got home I acclimated him and since then he has molted 2X so I would say everything went well.

jtirone

harris, did I read you right, you are in WNY?
One of the LFS adds oxygen to the bags. I do not know if this helps, but it does guarentee that the bag has a lot of air in it. It is better then the grab the bag really quickly and close it. I had a couple specimens from this store that sat for about and hour or so with no problem. all are still alive.
don't forget, a lot of specimens are coming from oversees. I have to imagine that they are sitting for longer that a couple hours.

krazzydart

just let them know that you have a long ride and need a bigger bag and fewer fish per bag..... and just float them awhile longer and every 15-20 min add a little of your water to the bag while it floats .... do this for an hour and a half and you should be o.k. my longest hall was for 5 hrs. before getting home with my fish....