how many cleaners?

mkzimms

how many cleaner specimens should you actually have in your tank? i have a 2 month old 12 gal aquapod and 16lbs of LR. right now im working with 3 turbo snails, 4 nassarious 1 scarlet hermit, 3 small blue legs, and 2 big blue legs... is that enough? what else should i have in the way of cleaners? and whats too much?

joeram

I read that you should also have 1 and a half cleaners per gallon. some where on the web that sales cleaner crews.

michaeltx

O no they keep the tan kvery well cleaned up theat rule applies to a variety and only as much as the tank can support aswell.
mike

mkzimms

is there any ratio snails:crabs? what else can you guys recommend? its a 12gal aquapod, 16lbs of display premium fiji and tonga rock, 2 months old.

michaeltx

I would actually stay away from crabs unless you get maybe one or 2 of them in a small tank its easyier for them to catch the snails.
cerith,nassarious, turbos,nerite are just a few of the snails i would look at.
Mike

sepulatian

Originally Posted by MichaelTX
I would actually stay away from crabs unless you get maybe one or 2 of them in a small tank its easyier for them to catch the snails.
cerith,nassarious, turbos,nerite are just a few of the snails i would look at.
Mike
Yep, along with bristle worms (yep, the guys that come in on rock. They are good detrivores) conches etc.

sepulatian

Originally Posted by MichaelTX
in a 12 gallon I would stay away from conchs they can get rather large for that size tank.
mike
Very true, sorry, I missed the size of the tank.