how many clowns

hoycetee

i have a 125g and want to add a long tentacle anemone with some true percula clowns and want at least 4 clowns so you think i should have more than one anemone
tanks been up for about 2 months now and i have 100lbs ls and 75lbs lr, 36 hermit crabs, 6 snails, 1 sally lightfoot crab, 2 yellowtail damselfish which all have benn in their over a month
all my tank reading are at zero with ph of 8.3 and sg at 1.024, 78 degrees
just wondering about the clowns and anemones through if i can house at least four and if i do should i have more than one anemone, and i'm i able to have a naso tang in their with em, thanks let me know what you guys think.

smoney

Well, Its a risk, but I have heard if you have four, the best way is to introduce them all in at the same time. Although you may have two anemones, the clownfish may still battle each other off.

snipe

I know a lady here locally who has 4 clowns in a 125 though 2 clowns are Percula and 2 clowns are maroon. If you wish to have 4 I would do 2 diffrent species.

hoycetee

when you say different species you mean like 1 percula, 1 tomato, 1 maroon, and 1 blue strip
also you think almost have 1 anemone for each clown or too many anemones
please let me know if anyone has any info on this, thanks again

snipe

When I say diffrent species Im talking, 2 of percula and 2 of maroon (as in 2 pair of 2 diffrent species). So you can still have 4 clowns and 2 pairs that will form bonds but they wont fight. As if you get 4 of the same species you might get lucky and get 2 female and 2 male (as after so long when they start to mature they choose between male and female sexes). And say you buy one that is bigger (it will most likely choose female ---) and the other 3 are smaller you could end up with 3 males and the female will pair with one male and kill the others. So be safe and get 2 of one species and 2 of a diffrent one.

snipe

No prob, That would be the safest way to get 4 clowns in that tank. I wouldnt try this in a smaller tank at all and something that is even bigger would probly be better.